The Government has just approved the PERTE for the Water Cycle Digitization with the aim of carrying out a more modern, efficient and sustainable management in cities, irrigation and manufacturing through the usage of brand-new IT tools. This project will gather over 3,000 million euros, considering both public and private funds, and is expected to generate around 3,500 employment opportunities, opening up to new professional niches in the field.
These calls are intended for moving forward on the protection of the environment, the improvement of hybrid resources management and the fight against climate change.
Who can benefit from this grant?
Between 2022 and 2023 calls for grants will be launched for:
- Entities operating in the urban water cycle
- Irrigation communities
- Groundwater users
Grants and amounts
PERTE grants are provided with 1,200 million euros aimed at cities or municipalities whose population surpasses 20,000 inhabitants, in order to enhance the implementation of measurement systems.
- 200 million euros aids for regions to develop projects that reinforce the digitization of the urban water cycle
- 225 million euros aids for the modernization and promotion of digitization in basin organizations and Automatic Hydrological Information Systems
- 200 million euros aids for regions to work on sensorization, monitoring and remote control of sanitation infrastructures
- 100 million euros subsidies to fund digitization programs in the field of manufacturing
The European project LIFE Ecodigestion 2.0, funded by the LIFE Programme, allows the transformation of sludge from wastewater treatment plants into green energy through the usage of technology.
This initiative, led by Global Omnium (Spain), in collaboration with the Finnova Foundation (Belgium) and Águas do Centro Litoral (Portugal), aims to become the most versatile digestion control tool in the market by achieving environmental and economic benefits through the production of biogas through optimal exploitation of waste. This technology favors the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and the exploitation of sludge originated in wastewater treatment processes, thus achieving a positive impact on the environment.
Find more information at: https://www.lifecodigestion.com/